Wrapping up a wonderful weekend by watching the Super Bowl.... Okay-- so I'm sitting next to Chris while he watches the Super Bowl, and tuning in for the commercial breaks.

This weekend my youngest sister came to visit Starkville. Such good fun! It is rare to have all three Lemon girls together in one place. We ate yummy food, watched chick flicks, and snuggled. Sara and I (the two not-so- athletic sisters... but boy are we trying) went for an exercise together before she went on her way... and oh, did I hate to see her go...

Saturday Chris and I went to Annabell's Antique Mall in West Point, MS in search of mixed-match vases for wedding decor.... of course we ended up goofing off and looking at everything irrelevant to wedding design, BUT we had our whole house decorated (our make-believe house that is...)

Chris's Flea-Market Favorites included: a taxidermy raccoon the size of a bear, a very large and seriously disturbing clown needle-point, and a Native American commemorative plate... I'm sure you can imagine.

My Flea-Market Favorites included:  A brass butterfly, a mustard glass canister, and two books-- one on writing business letters (so helpful) and an Esquire book on hosting

.... merge these things together and our house will be preeeettty interesting.

Inspired my my new purchases I spent today doing a thorough room cleaning-- a spring cleaning if you will, to prepare for a busy week ahead. There is nothing better than coming home to a clean and cozy room.


Let's Move to the Mountains print from Etsy

Collage wall with brass flea-market butterfly, e.e. cummings quote postcard by  Sugarboo Designs
Jessica McClintock Wall hook, recycle glass vase- lacking flowers, but not for long!


Reading nook.


Cheery yellow canister, one of my flea-market finds- perfect for  Q-tips.



No comments:

Post a Comment