Planning our wedding is a huge part of my life right now-- consuming and constant, but since it's such a joyful thing then it couldn't be to bad. It's been an incredible time of reminiscing and preparing for our future together. It has been an incredible learning experience for us both.... I'm becoming veerry familiar with budgeting.. and Chris is becoming very familiar with flowers and various wedding blogs. All-in-all we're getting to know each other better everyday.  We are hardly doing it ourselves though... if there is one statement I hear all the time, but I'm not certain I agree with it is "It's YOUR day".-- Our day, and this journey, has been a collaborative effort of friends and family who have been generous in making this time special and celebrating mine and Chris's  love.  It is a day celebrating the Woods marrying off their son, and the Lemons giving away their first daughter. It will be a merging of two incredible families. 

Our Wedding will be a small, backyard wedding in the Blue Ridge Mountains of North Carolina. We are honored to by joined in marriage by our home pastors (so  grateful they are willing to travel). The Ceremony will be at Montreat College's Black Mountain campus followed by dinner and dancing  at the Bella Luna Inn, owned by a dear friend (who also happens to be our caterer with a knack for gourmet food with local ingredients). Emily McCollin took a leap of faith in hiring me last summer-- funny how things turn out because now she will be planning my wedding (how did I get so lucky?!). The ceremony and celebration will be documented by Grae Skye Studio (videography) and Gulf Portraits (traveling from-- you guessed it! The Gulf Coast). The design will be done by the Occasions by Emily team (with family heirlooms and DIY contributions from myself and ANYONE else who will help). All artists in the wedding industry, I know they will craft a day unique to Chris and I. 

Holy. Romantic. Warm. 
It is the day a girly girl marries a mountain man. 
It may be the charming backyard wedding I dream about or it may turn into a rainy mess.. either way, on May 27, 2012 I will be married to my high school sweetheart. So, along with planning a beautiful wedding, we are planning a beautiful marriage.  


Our love story is for another day (7 years in the making... it could get a little lengthy), but for now just a little about the Woods-to-be. 


Christine


Seven years seems like plenty of time to get to know someone, and you’d think that I would know just about everything about Christine by now, right?  Well, not exactly.  It turns out that growing up in a house full of boys didn’t exactly prepare me for how to deal with a princess.  It has been slow going, but with plenty of constructive criticism I learn something new every day.


Christine is surprising.  A girlie girl with a sense of adventure, Christine has let me drag her on all kinds of crazy outings that are usually dangerous and get you dirty and sweaty.  Competitive by nature, (it runs in the family) Christine is usually the best in everything she does which includes a 4.0 GPA.  She has an eye for design and all things pretty and this certainly shows through in her beautiful spirit.   And boy is she persistent!  At 15, any other girl would have given up on a boy who didn’t think that he wanted anything to do with her.  She knew it was just a matter of time before she could wear me down enough to admit that I liked her, and I’m so glad she did.  Christine is absolutely the most genuine, loving and selfless person I know and I thank God for this lifelong opportunity to love and to learn from such an incredible person.
-- Chris




Chris

About Chris... Where to begin? How about 7 years ago when we met? Chris had hair past his shoulders, braces, skater shoes, and the best personality of anyone I had ever met. Years later and he is still one of the funniest people I have ever known-- his laugh and smile are truly contagious. He is kind, generous, faithful, and gentle (I'm sure he will love all these adjectives)... and let me tell you-- Chris has patience like no other. 

The summer after sophomore year of college, Chris spent a month in the back country of the Yukon-- absolutely no contact. Looking back, a month is soooo short (especially when you are counting down for your wedding), but June of 2010 I just did not think I would make it! I knew then that I just couldn't be without him ever again!  Chris has an incredible sense of adventure. He is tough and he is brave. He is always up for a challenge. He loves mountains.... a lot.  

 I know that married life with Chris Woods will keep me guessing. I am looking forward to so many adventures together. I can't think of a better man to growing old with because I know that his fun spirit will keep my heart young. 
 --Christine

For more wedding details visit our wedding website.


No comments:

Post a Comment