A little quirk about my Fiance and I-- We LOVE to sing to each other.
Are we good at it?-- No, But that is somewhat of a non-issue. We make up songs (absolutely ridiculous songs) and have an extensive repertoire of covers in all genres. Chris is musically talented-- he plays guitar, ukulele, and banjo (there is just nothing more cute than seeing this bearded guy play bluegrass). Let me just say, what I lack in technical skills, I make up for with passion and volume. 

I didn't think much about this silly habit-- it's just something we do, but it never fails to make me laugh in the midst of a stressful situation. Hearing him belt out his favorite music like I'm not even in the car makes me very happy. Making up songs brings joy to mundane tasks. 

Today's post was inspired by this feature story I ran across--You can read the story and watch the video here. (I think you'll really enjoy it).

I am a hopeless romantic. Please, excuse the sappiness.


Meet Mr. and Mrs. Loretta Quesinberry. I have no idea who these people are, but their story brought tears to my eyes in the middle of McCool Hall's bustling atrium. They dated for 7 years, were married young, on a Sunday (this all sounds familiar), 65 years ago. How rich to have such a lifetime of love-- I can only hope for so much time to be married to Chris Woods.  

Part of planning a beautiful wedding is planning a beautiful marriage. Mr. Author's advice to a long marriage is, "plan a long honeymoon and don't ever come back" Hmmm... I think we will!  

Sunday, May 27, 2012 is getting close! We applied for our North Carolina marriage liscense this week-YAY! and I sent back the final changes to our invitation proofs. 


Sappy songs that make me smile:

Wouldn't It Be Nice- The Beach Boys
You and Me- Penny and the Quarters
Sea of Love- Cat Power
Can't Help Falling in Love- Elvis PresleyIngrid Michaelson, or Bob Dylan (great song)
Speaking of Ingrid... You and I 
or on a more serious note.. You and I  by Wilco
Always Remember Me- Ry Cumming
Everywhere- Vampire Weekend (cover)
Green Eyes- Coldplay
Marry Song- Band of Horses
Easy Girl- Coconut Records
I Love How You Love Me- The Paris Sisters




*photo credit goes to Gerry Melendez at The State Media Company
** I don't own above videos... just showing some link love





No comments:

Post a Comment