Spring Time

 I find that as I get older, I appreciate each season more and more for what it is because it helps slow down time. Spring has always been a highly anticipated time of year for me. Spring means a break from school, no more puffy winter jackets, birthdays, and FLOWERS! I just wanted to do a quick recap of this gorgeous time of year.

Spring Break 2011

At Universal Studios, Orlando, FL


April

Mississippi State University



This Japanese Magnolia is one of my favorite things about Mississippi State. I have learned over the last few years at State that this tree means the end is near. It is a light at the end of the tunnel so to speak. Studing under this tree is about as peaceful as finals can get.

Chris took the photograph of me before a College of Business Ambassedor event. The pink sweater (which I borrowed from my wonderful roomie) matched so well it was hard to pass up this photo-opt. 

May


May 6, 2011 I turned 21. Chris and I spent a fun day celebrating in the city of New Orleans. Shortly after on May 21, 2011 Chris turned 21 in Asheville, NC. Chris gave me a beautiful Walter Anderson print of a lily that I can not wait to hang up in my pretty purple cottage in Starkville.  I gave him a banjo-- he learned to play it in no time (and he looks great doing it)!
Cheers.



Before we left home we went out to a celebratory dinner with my parents to Mary Mahoney's. It was a really wonderful time spent visiting about what was and what is to come. What better way to finish up a wonderful evening than by wine at Maisanos by the Glass in Ocean Springs?

On Friday, May 13, 2011 both our cars were loaded up and we said good-bye to our sweet, loving (and worried) mothers. We made it to LaGrange, GA that evening and spent it visiting with one of my very first friends in this world, Ms. Sherry Roberts. She was a wonderful hostess and made the long drive and transition smooth and memorable.

On our way to Asheville we stopped in Atlanta for the Fleet Foxes Concert at the Tabernacle. It was a gorgeous venue and the band put on a show that was out of this world. I love, love, love enjoying live music with Chris. I feel safe saying that it is one of our favorite things to do together and always such a treat!
Anyway...

We made it to Asheville. So let the adventure continue and the summer begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment