The Carolinas


Thursday Emily and I traveled to Charlotte, NC for a bridal expo.  There were more than 300 beautiful brides, diamond rings, and many incredible vendors. Being the productive planners we are, we arranged to meet with a couple of our Charlotte clients. Charlotte is an amazingly different market than Asheville, with entirely different clientele.


Friday was a busy day of design work for Saturday's wedding in Greenville, SC.
Saturday I was privileged to work the wedding of Allison and Austin-- high school sweethearts from Texas. After 7 years dating, they were thrilled to finally be married. The ceremony took place in a lovely chapel on the top of a mountain and the reception followed at the Wyche Pavilion (above) in Greenville. The South Carolina heat couldn't stop Allison, Austin, friends, and family from dancing and celebrating well into the evening. Being a part of making a couple's dream day come true is incredibly rewarding.

The Wyche Pavilion is an open air, refubished mill. I think I actually fell in love. I brought Chris back Sunday to experience the unique feel that Greenville has because its essence is very hard to put into words.  I would encourage anyone to visit. 

Traveling through the Carolina's during my time here has been enriching, and has further provoked my desire to travel.

No comments:

Post a Comment